learn to listen and heal YOURSELF, one step at a time
When you’re looking for a therapist, “fit” is key. Talking with someone whose personality and approach resonates with you will make all the difference, so I am really glad you are reading this. Bravo!
My approach is backed by credentials and experience.
I received my Master of Counselling Psychology (MA) from Yorkville University and I am a Registered Psychotherapist and Canadian Certified Counsellor in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario and Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, respectively. I also engage in supervised practice, meaning I meet regularly with a highly experienced Social Worker who oversees and guides my work as a Psychotherapist.
I have training and certification in the following areas:
- Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy training from Credo-Oxford
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Fundamental Skills from OISE at the University of Toronto
- Introduction to DBT from Broadview Psychology
- Foundations of Mindfulness and Applied Specialization in Mindfulness certifications from the University of Toronto
- MBCT 8-Week Group Participation and MBCT Basics from the Centre for Mindfulness Studies
- ASIST Suicide Intervention from LivingWorks
- Mental Health First Aid from The Mental Health Commission of Canada
I have been working in mental health and therapeutic fields for over four years. This includes work as an Eating Disorder Counsellor at Bellwood Health Services, a Counsellor at Georgian College, experience with Catholic Children’s Aid Society, and other therapeutic work I have done teaching mindfulness meditation for over three years or through a number of not-for-profit organizations.
Finally, I have a Bachelor of Education from York University, supporting my ability to teach individuals and groups.