learn to listen and heal YOURSELF, one step at a time
When you’re looking for a therapist, “fit” is key. Talking with someone whose personality and approach resonates with you will make all the difference, so I am really glad are reading this. Bravo!
My approach is backed by credentials and experience.
I received my Master of Counselling Psychology (MA) from Yorkville University and I am a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario. That means I am a qualified psychotherapist but I am waiting to complete my qualifying exam, 100 hours of supervision, and 450 direct client contact hours under the new Ontario legislation so that I may call myself a fully registered practitioner (hence the “qualifying" bit). As such I currently engage in supervised practice, meaning I meet regularly with a highly experienced Psychotherapist who oversees my work as a Psychotherapist.
I am a Professional Member with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association and I am currently finalizing my Canadian Certified Counsellor accreditation.
I also have training and certification in the following areas:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Fundamental Skills from OISE at the University of Toronto
- Basic Introduction to DBT from Broadview Psychology
- Foundations of Mindfulness and Applied Specialization in Mindfulness certifications from the University of Toronto
- MBCT 8-Week Group Participation and MBCT Basics from the Centre for Mindfulness Studies
- ASIST Suicide Intervention from LivingWorks
- Mental Health First Aid from The Mental Health Commission of Canada
I have been working in mental health and therapeutic fields for over four years. This includes working as a Counsellor at Georgian College, experience with Catholic Children’s Aid Society, the therapeutic work I have done teaching mindfulness meditation for over three years, and the work I did for a number of not-for-profit organizations over the years.
I also have a Bachelor of Education from York University, supporting my ability to teach individuals and groups.